Monday, March 28, 2011

BEHIND THE SCENES (Part 2)

Behind the Scenes (part 2)
So back to Brent.  I get his update.  He must have looked at our job listings on the web site.   We have a Controller position that requires Rev Rec experience.  I emailed Deb (one of the top ranked recruiters in the state) (she hates when I mention that) and she looked at his profile in the system.  She emailed me: “Cliff I think he is at a higher salary range.”   “Well, maybe – but I think he might be interested.  Why not try?”  She emailed Tom, who did the original interview.  He emailed both of us “Let’s go for it.  Deb do you want me to call him?”  Deb wanted to call him.  And she did.  This happened in less than a minute or two and Brent probably didn’t spend much time on his short (but highly effective) email.
Now ideally, we should find him when we do the full search – inside our database and out in the market.  However these things move quickly and his old resume didn’t have the rev rec experience.  Will he get the job?  I don’t know.  He’s a good guy and I’d like that.  We are only going to send 3 – 5 resumes so……was his update a good idea? 
He touched Deb, Tom and me.  All three people are in the market all day long.  I went to lunch with the Controller of one of our clients today.  He’s a friend and I told him about the update.  He mentioned that Brent had contacted him a couple of months ago.,  He  had been really busy with year end and he made a mental note to email Brent to get together soon (for networking). 
Multiply the update X 100 contacts.  Imagine how effective that will be.  Stay in touch with your network!!

No comments:

Post a Comment