Monday, February 21, 2011

LISTEN.

“I appreciate what you’re trying to do but I’ve hired a lot and I know what I’m doing….”
Or so she said.  We had her interviewing for a senior level six figure finance position.  And man……her resume  F I T .  She was number one going into the 2nd round.  It was her job to lose.  So she went in boldly and confident….and stuck her entire foot and (and part of her ankle) in her mouth.
Just a little coaching – just a glance at the simplistic interview coaching notes we send all candidates about to interview.  Here is an excerpt (email me if you want a copy of the full list):

Ways Candidates Strike out on Interviews
4.      Condemnation of past employer
5.     



Oh boy.  She spent 20 minutes badmouthing her boss and criticizing her current employer.  She eventually left her employer to join another big company.  She found a good job……just not the one we sent her on!

We have placed thousands of people and we’re pretty good at preparing people for interviews.  We want the best fit to take the job.  It’s good for everyone.  However, don’t let bad interviewing technique cost you the job that’s best for you!    Listen!  We both have the same goal - to get an offer.

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    I like this post:

    You create good material for community.

    Please keep posting.

    Let me introduce other material that may be good for net community.

    Source: Medical billing interview questions

    Best rgs
    Peter

    ReplyDelete